Quality education must occur in safe schools, so students can learn and excel. Facilities within FBISD that have critical infrastructure challenges must be addressed to ensure student and staff safety and security and promote quality education.
Prop A will address critical aging infrastructure needs, including schools that are nearing or have exceeded their life cycles. If approved, Prop A will authorize the district to issue of $1,180,830,000 in bonds to address schools in desperate need of repair or rebuild. Projects include:
- Rebuild schools due to facility life cycle expiration include Briargate Elementary, Mission Bend Elementary, and Clements High School.
- Renovations and additions are planed for Ferndale Henry (which will become Elementary School 56 in southeast area of district)
- New schools to accommodate growth include middle school 16 and Elementary School 55 (North West)
- Facility Deficiencies and life cycle needs, educational adequacy deficiencies
- Safety and security upgrades include security cameras, police vehicles, floor mounted door locks, standardized weapons and response kits, emergency notification system, and safety and security contingency.
- Transportation needs to address growth include new busses and other vehicles, district wide white fleet, and transportation smart tag
- Technology upgrades include district infrastructure, an updated network, and upgraded system80